Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall in my Shawl

1
Oh how I love fall
I just want to leave
Becasue I believe
I'm too cool
To go to school
In my comfy shawl

2
In my shawl
All I do is think about fall
And all the things the season brings, is that cool?
To believe
That I can  leave
The place that teaches me, my school?


3
But how I love school
Especailly when I wear my shawl
During the fall
In the weather so cool
I believe
That I can leave

 4
But if I were to leave
Lewis-Clark State College, my lovely school
Without forgetting my shawl
In the lovely Lewiston fall
Which is a perfect temperature, oh so cool
Should I go home, I believe?

 5
To  believe
That I love to leave
In the fall
While wearing my shawl
The place I so love, my school
Which is so cool


 6
Sometimes I think I'm cool
But then I believe
That think,  "leave"
This place, this school
In my shawl
As I walk into the fall...

How I love the fall, the time of year wear it is cool
I decide that I never want to leave, or at least I believe
That school is my favorite place, especially when I wear my shawl

1 comment:

  1. You've done one of the hardest things a sestina writer can do. You've chosen to work with words that will allow for multiple definitions. For instance, cool can be referring to temperature, but it can also (as in stanza 2) be "The Fonze" type cool..copacetic...popular...okayed and approved by peers or society.

    ReplyDelete